Volunteering @ Sandy Hill Arts
Sandy Hill Arts works to encourage and stimulate artistic endeavours in Purbeck by creating a space where art, creativity and communities can come together to evolve and flourish. We are always looking for volunteers to help us grow.
Why volunteer with us?
At SHA you will get a chance to be part of a vibrant and growing new arts charity in the heart of Purbeck and to join a community of artists. Not to forget the site itself – based in the heart of the Corfe hills – you’ll be surrounded by nature.
In addition to wanting to help us continue to blossom, our volunteers support us for many different reasons. Some do it to improve their health and to feel good. Others do it for the social element, to meet like-minded people and have fun.
Volunteering is also a great way to learn new skills or exercise your existing ones. It can prepare you for the workplace, complement your current lifestyle, or be part of your retirement plans.
What we need
We have varied exhibitions and events throughout the year. We also take part in Purbeck Art Weeks Festival which is between 27 May and 11 June in 2023, and Planet Purbeck Arts and Environment Festival in mid-September.
Volunteers will take on one or more of the following responsibilities for SHA events:
- Ensuring road signs for events are put up,
- Setting up and packing away gazebos, chairs before and after events
- Welcoming visitors, checking tickets
- Running the bar at events including setting up and packing away bar
- Patrolling grounds during events
- General housekeeping and tidying before, during and after events
- Helping prepare for and hang exhibitions
- Helping invigilate exhibitions
- Direct visitors arriving on foot from the entrance to the track on Sandy Hill Lane.
- Distributing flyers and other publicity material
We are also looking for volunteers who have experience in IT, accounts, fundraising and law.
What’s in it for you
● Meet new people
● The chance to utilise your existing skills, share them with the team
● Autumn volunteer party
● Free ticket to performances supported and attended.
● Active volunteers who have been with SHA for one year or more receive 15% off art classes
● A reference should you need it
● To volunteer on a peaceful site. We are on the edge of the Corfe Castle, next to the railway station and its steam trains, and with excellent views of the castle – all at a 3 minute walk from the village centre.
What we expect
There’s no minimum time requirement to volunteer with SHA. Think about the amount of time that you can spare and how regularly.
We are looking for volunteers who have:
- A warm smile and a friendly outlook
- Honesty, integrity, patience
- Ability and willingness to communicate with public, other volunteers and artists
- Commitment to spending the time you said you would
As a Volunteer you will be supported by your Volunteer Co-ordinator.
If you are over 16, based in the UK and curious about what goes on behind the scenes in arts events and exhibitions we would love to hear from you. If you are interested please contact email@example.com for an informal chat or fill in the form below